Wednesday, November 25, 2009

97. Do "The Gratitude Challenge."

I found "The Gratitude Challenge" a few weeks ago and thought it would be a good exercise to do.  Since Thanksgiving is tomorrow, I figured there is no better time to start.  "The Gratitude Challenge" lasts only 21 days and provides a task or reflection to do each day to help give thanks and look at the bright side of life.

Day 1's task is to sign the contract and make a commitment to carry out "The Gratitude Challenge."  Here is what the contract says:

The Gratitude Pledge
With a hopeful outlook, I promise to fulfill the terms of The Gratitude Challenge.  Over the next 21 days, I pledge to complete the activities on my gratitude calendar, including writing journal entries, taking photos and connecting with friends.  I promise to take note of life's little blessings and to give thanks for the relationships, experiences and opportunities that make my life unique.  From this day forward, I commit to living on the brighter side of life. 

All of the instructions for doing "The Gratitude Challenge" are available at their website.  I will blog about my progress with the challenge as appropriate along the way.  Even though I am crazy busy right now, I think it will be good for me to take time to stop and appreciate the good things in my life each day. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment