Friday, April 30, 2010

98. Read another 20 books. (5/20)

I also finished four other books within the last week, three of Anna Quindlen's short, nonfiction books and a novel by Samantha Harvey. 

Harvey's novel, The Wilderness, is about a man with Alzheimer's Disease.  Since I want to work with the older population, I'm trying to learn more about Alzheimer's Disease.  While I understand the basics as presented in my gerontology classes, I really want to gain a more in depth knowledge of the topic.  I'll soon be starting a four week internship with the Alzheimer's Association, which I will complete before starting my public health internship for the rest of the summer.  So, when I saw the description of this novel, I knew it was something I wanted to read.  The Wilderness was very moving and sometimes sad, but about as close as I can get to understanding what it might feel like to have Alzheimer's Disease.  More of my thoughts can be found here. 

The three Anna Quindlen books I read were A Short Guide to a Happy Life, Being Perfect, and How Reading Changed My Life.  I loved them all and my book blog post is located here. 

Since I'm trying to read more, I might increase this  book task to more than 20 books.  This is already an added task since I finished the first general book task.  I'll see how it goes. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment