Monday, April 27, 2009

I knew I did something else last week...

21. Read 10 other books. (2/10)
Last week I read Me and Mr. Darcy by Alexandra Potter. I've had it sitting on my shelf for about a year and I was having trouble sleeping so I just started reading. It was a good, beachy kind of read. A little out there, since it was set in the present but the main character kept flashing back in time and talking to Mr. Darcy. Overall, a fun read for fans of Jane Austen and Pride and Prejudice.

Yesterday, I read The Choice by Nicholas Sparks. It was a typical Nicholas Sparks book, minus the fact that they actually live happily ever after. It would have been more believable if he just killed the wife. It was almost too miraculous and happy. Still, a nice read if you are looking for something that is easy and a little romantic.

23. Start or participate in a book club.
I got the ball rolling for this one last week. I'm going to work on a reading list over the summer and we will get started in the fall.

53. Bake cookies for someone twice a semester. (1/6)
I baked some cookies last week using Andes mint chips. I shared them with Andrea and Diana, so I believe this counts.

54. Have friends over for dinner twice a semester. (2/6)
I am counting this done twice for this semester. I had the Bible Study over back at the beginning of the semester. Other people have come over and eaten with me. I didn't have as much time to plan something big for this semester. I will do something more specific in the fall.

65. Attend 5 JMU events: speakers, concerts, art exhibits, etc. (1/5)
I went to see Exit 245's end of semester concert. It was awesome, as usual.

0 comments:

Post a Comment