As they say on Dancing with the Stars elimination shows, I will now reveal my progress in no particular order.....
15. Watch all of Rodgers & Hammerstein’s musicals. (5/11)
I watched Carousel, which I found harder to get into than the others. Although, it does have what I consider one of the prettiest Rodgers and Hammerstein songs, "You'll Never Walk Alone." Then again, it also has "June Is Bustin' Out All Over," which will very easily get stuck in your head and be the only words you remember from the song. Annoying. However, if you enjoy carousel music, you will get to hear it many times. Hence, the title.
14. Watch all the movies in AFI’s 25 Greatest Movie Musicals. (12/25)
I really enjoyed Guys and Dolls. I'm glad I finally watched it. I wish I could go see the show with Lauren Graham now. I've talked about it enough. Guys and Dolls is very funny and also has two interesting love stories. Of course Frank Sinatra is always classy, but I also really liked Marlon Brando in the movie. He plays Sky Masterson. I thought he was quite handsome, which surprised me considering what he looked like later in his life. One of his lines I liked: "It is my understanding that the Constitution of the United States allows everybody the free choice between cheesecake and strudel."
I have also updated my weekly movie watching and music listening in their original posts. I have started using a cd of the 50 Most Essential Pieces of Classical Music to guide my listening for classical music. Most of the songs I use for new bands I hear on tv shows or see as the iTunes single of the week. Usually, I don't like the iTunes singles of the week, but I have lately. They have had some fun, catchy beats.
I have also decided to postpone my read the Bible in a year and start again later. It just hasn't worked out well for me so far.
90. Add something new
I am adding my lamp painting project to my list. I have started it, but I haven't worked on it in a while. I will definitely have more time to work on it this summer.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment