Since I've now completed five weeks of my eight week internship with the Harrisonburg Fire Department, I have attended multiple events in the community. While I intended for this task to be for events that I sought out in my free time, I do want to count one event that I attended because of my internship. This past Wednesday was the seventh annual Free Pizza/Free Smoke Alarm for city of Harrisonburg residents, jointly sponsored by the Fire Department and CiCi's Pizza. The Harrisonburg Fire Department delivered 461 pizzas in fire trucks during the four hour event! More importantly, we know that those 461 homes and apartments now have working smoke alarms. My job was to answer the phones at CiCi's and take the pizza orders. The phones rang non-stop the entire time! This was such a unique and beneficial event. I'm so glad I got to be a part of it.
Sunday, July 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment