Monday, July 19, 2010

7. Western (3/10)

I spontaneously watched Cat Ballou after I got home today and I enjoyed it immensely.  Cat Ballou is a western.  It is also a comedy, but not in a Blazing Saddles kind of way.  It is also part musical, with the vocal additions of Nat King Cole and Stubby Kaye.  I swear I am not making this up.  Cat Ballou is the greatest western/comedy/musical you will ever watch!

Here is the description from Netflix (in case you think I'm joking):
Nat "King" Cole and Stubby Kaye provide a Greek chorus-style narrative in this tongue-in-cheek Western parody that's become a classic in its own right. In director Elliot Silverstein's Oscar-winning comedy, Cat's (Jane Fonda) father has been murdered by a gunslinger (Lee Marvin), and now, the schoolmarm-cum-outlaw must team with boozehound Kid Shelleen (also played by Marvin) to prevent her father's ranch from falling into the wrong hands.

0 comments:

Post a Comment