Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Very Bookish Update

Obviously, I have become very bad at posting on the blog.  So here are some updates... with pictures!

19. Read 5 biographies/memoirs. (3/5)
Yesterday, I finished Gretchen Rubin's The Happiness Project: Or, Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun.  Rubin presented a lot of research concerning happiness, which I found very interesting.  Although I would not undertake every resolution that Rubin assigned herself if I were doing a happiness project, I greatly admired her drive and organization.


20. Read 10 classics. (4/10)
At the beginning of November, I finished my audiobook of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien.  I had unsuccessfully tried to read this book before and I picked up the audiobook from the library on a whim one day.  I enjoyed it so much more as an audiobook.  Although, previously seeing the movies definitely helped me because I already knew the characters' names.


I also finished Brave New World by Aldous Huxley in November.  One of my coworkers gave me a funny look when I said that I was reading this for fun.  I guess I'm just crazy like that.  Brave New World is probably the strangest dystopian work I have ever read. 






48. Make 10 pieces of jewelry. (6/10)
We did a Secret Santa at work this week.  I made a lanyard (for daily id wear) as part of my gift for my coworker.  I stuck with a classic red, white, and blue color scheme.  Now I just need to get around to making one for myself. 


49. Take a cake decorating class.
50. Bake and decorate a cake using fondant. 
I discovered that I can some fun classes at my local Michael's store.  I'm planning on signing up for the basic cake decorating class soon.  I'm excited that they also have a class specifically designated for fondant.

(all book cover photos from goodreads)

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Oooo I just saw The Happiness Project somewhere and thought I'd probably like to read it.

Post a Comment