Saturday, December 3, 2011

71. Cook 25 new recipes. (13/25)

I haven't written about new recipes in over a year... but in the interest of getting this project up to date before it ends in a few days, I thought I should say something about food.

I found an amazingly delicious Pumpkin Pie Pudding recipe that I made for the first time last Thanksgiving.  The best part is that it is diabetic friendly and super easy to make.  I will continue to make it every year.  

Back in the height of my cupcake baking frenzy, I tried four new icing recipes and three new cake recipes.  To be honest, I was not particularly happy with most of them.  I will probably use one of the icing recipes again, but for cookies instead of cake.  It was really more of a glaze anyways.  I used it to fill some pumpkin cupcakes, which were pretty tasty.  

I made my Mom's delicious Potato Casserole for the first time last month and it was a success.  Nothing says comfort like potatoes and cheese.  Yummy.

I tried a new recipe for Sausage Balls that I found on Pinterest.  The cream cheese made them especially tasty.  I tweaked the recipe by using a bag of shredded Mexican cheese instead of just sharp Cheddar.

That's all I remember at the moment.  I have tons of new recipes to try, I just haven't found time to make them/I hate using the oven in my apartment.  Pinterest has helped fuel the recipe collecting, among other projects.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment