Sunday, August 29, 2010

64. Attend 5 community events. (2/5)

Last weekend I attended a Renaissance Faire at the Natural Chimneys in Mt. Solon, Virginia.  I went with my friend Diana and her current roommates.  An event like this is not something that I would typically seek out, but it was certainly an interesting experience.  We originally thought that we were just going to watch a jousting tournament.  However, when we arrived, we realized that there was an actual Renaissance Faire as well.  The setting was absolutely perfect because the Natural Chimneys provided a beautiful backdrop reminiscent of a medieval castle.  We did watch some jousting, but modern jousting isn't anything like the kind of jousting I picture in my head.  These days people don't try to knock each other off their horses.  Instead, the riders go down the track and try to hook three rings on their lances.  Not quite as dramatic, but it definitely requires some skill.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment