Friday, August 6, 2010

98. Read another 20 books. (12/20)

Oh hey, I finished two books this week.  It only took me six months to read A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson.  Not at all embarrassing.  And not at all a reflection of the book, either.  It was actually a really fantastic book about science.  I enjoyed the humor and wit that Bryson injected into topics that sometimes seem boring in textbooks. 

I also finished Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout, winner of the Pulitzer Prize in 2009.  Olive Kitteridge is not a typical novel in that it is told in a series of short stories centering around the people of Crosby, Maine.  Woven throughout the stories is Olive's story, which is rather sad.  Although the format of the book took some getting used to at first, I appreciated the dimensions it added to the story.  I would compare it to watching a television series rather than a single movie, which I sometimes prefer. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment