Friday, January 14, 2011

The Replacements

This is a housekeeping post.  In the interest of keeping my project relevant, I had to make some changes to a few of the tasks I originally set out to accomplish.  I tried to stick to the intent of each task as I made changes.  I have added the changes to my sidebar list.  Here are my replacements:

23. Start or participate in a book club.
23. Participate in the 2011 One Book One Community.
My local library will announce this year's selection on May 6, 2011.  I will read the book along with other members of my community.  In 2010, the library chose To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee.  Excerpts from the book appeared in the local paper; in addition, several events were held throughout the community.  I will try to attend at least one of the events this year.

26. Go to another DMB concert.
26. Go to a concert or musical.
To my great disappointment, Dave Matthews Band is taking a break from touring this year.  They will be back in 2012, but that would not allow me to complete this task as written.  Thus, I will go a concert or musical that is yet to be determined.  Anyone want to go?  I'm talking to you, Sarah. :) 

31. Take time to really think about and decide upon my favorite movies, songs, foods, etc.
31. Complete 10 writing prompts. (0/10)
This original task was the fluffiest of the fluff.  Writing prompts seem slightly more legitimate. 

61. Continuously have a puzzle out to work on.
61. Complete 5 new puzzles. (4/5)
Continuously seemed a little vague.  Clearly, I could not continuously have a puzzle out.  That would have made moving a bit more difficult.  I have completed four of my own puzzles so far during the project.  I also helped out on a few puzzles that my friends were working.

68. Attend a major music festival.
68. See Disney's Beauty and the Beast on Broadway in Roanoke.
I have tickets for May 1, 2011.  I'm pretty excited. 

69. Go to Cedar Point and ride rollercoasters.
69. Be a tourist in a new city.
I don't see myself getting to Cedar Point this year/I seem to have developed some serious motion sickness issues that may prevent me from riding rollercoasters in the near future.  There are so many cities that I want to visit.  I get excited thinking about all the places I can explore with my camera.  I don't want to commit to a specific city right now, but I have some potential work trips on the horizon that may permit me to complete this task.  If those don't pan out I plenty of other ideas, including my desire to go to Charleston, South Carolina, that seems to grow daily.

88. Apply to graduate school.
88. Prepare to apply to graduate school.
I am only modifying this task.  I don't think I will actually be applying to graduate school until 2012 at the earliest.  Until then, I will continue to do research and make plans.

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Haha I laughed out loud at your "I'm talking to you, Sarah." Soujla Boy is coming to Harrisburg soonish... totally tempting, right? :)

Post a Comment