Wednesday, March 17, 2010

13. Watch all the movies in AFI’s 100 Years 100 Movies list. (44/100)

Oh my goodness!  I loved Bringing Up Baby!  It's the 1938 comedy starring Katharine Hepburn and Cary Grant as Susan Vance and Dr. David Huxley.  I loved these two together in The Philadelphia Story and their partnership here is equally entertaining, if not more so.   

Bringing Up Baby is fantastic and completely ridiculous, but not in a distracting kind of way.  The situations that these characters find themselves in could potentially happen I guess, but never in such a short time period and to the same people.  Nevertheless, Bringing Up Baby is absolutely hilarious!  I recommend that everyone see it at least once.  It is definitely something that I will rewatch and perhaps buy in the future. 

P.S. - Baby is a leopard and thus, a major source of the movie's shenanigans.  I didn't realize this until I started watching the movie.  It's good to know. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment