Monday, March 8, 2010

I'm losing my mind or 21. Read 10 other books (9/10)

I'm losing my mind.  Here's the thing: I have been seeing previews for Dear John (the movie) for a while now and each time I see the preview I remember that I have read the book.  I know I have read the book because each time I see the preview I also think about how the book ends, which makes me want to give Nicholas Sparks a little shake and ask him why people can't just live happily ever after sometimes.

Anyways, last week I was making a list of all the books I have read during this project in preparation for my upcoming one year anniversary (yay!).  Dear John was not on my list.  That bugged me because I knew it had not been that long since I had read it and I was positive that I had checked it out from the library when I read it.  Since I checked it out from the library, I had to have read it at home, not when I was away at school.  So, after pondering this subject for a while, I finally decided (for peace of mind) that I must have read it before starting this project, even though I couldn't remember that.

Well, turns out my memory isn't quite as bad as I thought.  Fast forward to Saturday.  I'm home for spring break.  I see that I still have my library "receipts" from last summer tacked up on my bulletin board.  What do I find?  Proof.  I checked out Dear John last June.  On the same receipt are, in fact, two other books that I also read last summer AND listed on the blog.  For the life of me, I can not figure out why I did not post about Dear John, or at the very least, check off having read another book.  I LOVE checking things off lists.

The point of this story: I read Dear John last summer, so my progress for 21. Read 10 other books becomes 9 out of 10.  Better late than never.

0 comments:

Post a Comment